Are You Looking for a Preclinical CRO with Proven Cardiac Experience?
We can help. Surpass has assisted numerous cardiac innovation companies advance their medical therapies through preclinical research.
With proven experience, the right facilities/equipment and dedicated staff, Surpass is a trusted partner for testing medical devices and therapies with cardiac indications. Our experience spans everything from early feasibility through GLP safety studies, including assessments of performance, biocompatibility, efficacy, human factors, and more.
Hospital-Quality Equipment and Facilities for Cardiac Procedures
- Fixed cath labs and portable c-arms
- Operating room suites
- Cardiac mapping system
- Ultrasound - transthoracic echo (TTE), transesophogeal echo (TEE) and intracardiac echo (ICE)
- Microspheres and nanospheres for tissue perfusion
- High definition endoscopic camera systems with insufflation
- Data acquisition systems
- Equipment for monitoring fluid collection, blood flow, and tissue pressure
- Faxitron x-ray
- Pathology labs/necropsy rooms
Local & Contract Onsite Capabilities
Contact Surpass for specialized equipment needs.
Models for Cardiac Research
Surpass has extensive experience performing large animal and human cadaver cardiac studies. We have access to the following in vivo models and can provide human cadaver specimens with and without cardiovascular disease.
If you don't see the model you need, our skilled team has experience quickly reproducing models from the literature. Contact Surpass to discuss your specific research needs with our scientific team.
Our surgical and interventional research teams are skilled at performing heart valve replacement surgeries, cardiac mapping with pacing, and providing feedback on medical device performance. We can also assist your physician during surgery or intermittently with surgical access or transseptal crossing in different species.
Do you have a specific question on preclinical study design or animal model constraints? Or, need data on typical cardiac dimensions or anatomy? Talk to one of our experts today.
Does your project require specialized pathology or analytical testing? We partner with leading pathologists and analytical testing facilities to conduct these analyses.
Comprehensive Cardiac Device and Therapy Experience
- Atrial fibrillation (Afib) and Atrial flutter treatments (pulmonary vein ablation and left atrial (LA) appendage occlusion)
- Atrial septal defect (ASD) closures
- Balloon pumps
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) - on/off pump (OPCAB)
- CABG sutureless connectors
- Electrophysiology mapping systems and telemetry monitors
- Heart failure treatments
- Surgical heart valve repair/replacement (aortic, mitral, pulmonary, tricuspid)
- Implantable leads
- Left ventricular assist devices (LVAD)
- Pacing and defibrillation systems
- Paravalvular leak occlusion
- Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) closures
- Patent foramen ovale (PFO) closures
- Transcatheter aortic and mitral valve implantation and replacement (TAVI,TMVI, TAVR, and TMVR)
- Ventricular septal defect (VSD) closures
- And more
Contact us to discuss your upcoming cardiac study. With facilities in the Greater Twin Cities, Surpass stands ready to assist your team as your trusted preclinical research CRO.